Integrate with ConvertKit
ConvertKit is an email marketing tool that integrates with Memberful.
If you want to offer your audience a members-only email newsletter so you can share valuable information and drive revenue for your business—you’re in the right place!
When you combine the marketing automation wizardry of a platform like ConvertKit with a lean, mean member-management machine like Memberful, you can easily create a powerful email newsletter offering.
If you don't have an email newsletter with ConvertKit yet, you might want to send members-only newsletters via Memberful instead — at no extra cost!
Learn how to send members-only newsletters via Memberful.
In this help doc:
- Integrate ConvertKit.
- How we keep your list up to date and synced.
- Send a targeted Broadcast.
- (Optional) Add a referral link to your Broadcast.
- Create an automation.
Navigate to Settings → Third-party services → ConvertKit from your Memberful dashboard, and click Connect to ConvertKit. You'll be asked to enter the API Secret. To get the API Secret, visit Account settings → API Secret in your ConvertKit account.
When you first connect to ConvertKit, we'll import all members as ConvertKit subscribers. Then, we'll automatically and continuously update your subscriber list by adding new members and updating existing members.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
We automatically sync important member details as ConvertKit tags. You can use these tags to build powerful ConvertKit automations. When you click a subscriber in ConvertKit, you'll see the Memberful tags associated with their profile.
A list of the tags we continuously sync to ConvertKit:
- Memberful: Every subscriber created or updated by Memberful.
- Memberful: Active Subscription Member is tagged if actively subscribed to a paid Plan.
- Memberful Plan: [Your Plan name] Member is tagged with the Plan(s) they purchased.
- Memberful Download: [Your download name] Member is tagged with the Download(s) they purchased.
- Memberful: All Access Pass: Member is tagged if a Memberful administrator has given them an All Access Pass.
- Memberful: Checkout: Member is tagged if the sign up source was the Memberful purchase form.
- Memberful: Created by Admin: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a Memberful administrator.
- Memberful: Free Registration: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a free registration link.
- Memberful: Gift: Member is tagged if they received the membership as a gift.
We will not remove members from your subscriber list if their subscription expires. If the member's subscription expires, the related Memberful tag will be removed from their profile. In addition, if a member changes their email, we'll add the new email as a new subscriber, and remove the Memberful fields from the old email.
Send a targeted Broadcast
To send a targeted [Broadcast] i.e. a one-time email, filter your subscribers using the default ConvertKit filters, the default Memberful tags above, or any other Memberful tags that exist based on the Plans you’ve created. Alternatively, you can create a segment made up of multiple tags and send a Broadcast to that segment.
(Optional) Add a referral link to your Broadcast
If you’ve enabled our Memberful referral program, you’ll be able to add a referral link to your broadcast so members earn rewards for referring others.
Select Personalization option in your ConvertKit editor.
Then in Subscriber custom fields you can choose the Memberful Referral link.
Create an automation
First, create a ConvertKit Sequence, which is a series of emails sent automatically based on a subscription date. Then, create an automation to send out the sequence to a members who are tagged with a specific Memberful Plan or Download.
Related help docs:
- Learn about the right way for your members to unsubscribe.
- Send members-only newsletters via Memberful.