WordPress Membership site
If you have questions or need help please send us an email or send a message using the orange circle in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday.
You’re probably here because you get what Memberful is all about and want to give it a test drive. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to get Memberful up and running on your WordPress website.
1. Sign up and install Memberful on your website.
2. Design and create your plan.
- Login to the Memberful Dashboard, navigate to the Plans tab, and click the New Plan button.
- Design your plan by setting a price and choosing a plan type.
- To include digital downloads (like an eBook) with your Plan, navigate to Plans → Manage Downloads → New Download.
- Once you've created the Plan, we’ll provide you with a purchase link.
Thinking of selling multiple plans? Read how to set up Plan Groups.
3. Add a link to buy a plan on your website.
Make it easy for your audience to buy your plan, gift, or download.
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to a post or a page and click the Memberful button in the WordPress editor.
- Click Buy Plan from the dropdown menu. Specify Plan to subscribe to and Link text.
If you’re not ready to create your own plan, you can add a purchase link for our Sample Plan on any WordPress page. View the page, click the link, and checkout using our test credit card data. Then, sign in to your Memberful dashboard to view the purchase!
4. Protect your WordPress content (optional).
Once you've installed the plugin and connected to Memberful you'll see a Memberful: Restrict Access meta box whenever you’re editing a page or a post in WordPress. This box is where you define who can see the page. The content alongside the Restrict Access settings is shown to anyone without access (including the buy me link). Add your protected content in the box above the Memberful: Restrict Access box.
Tip: We recommend using an SSL certificate on your WordPress website. Memberful signs WordPress users into your WordPress website, and if you're not using SSL, that information is less secure.
5. Add sign in and account links.
Give your followers the freedom to manage their Memberful accounts with a sign in or account link. Here are a few options to make it happen:
- Create a WordPress profile widget.
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to a post or page and click the Memberful button in the WordPress editor. Click Sign in Link.
- Add the link to your website navigation bar: Navigate to Appearance → Menus → Memberful Links. Select Sign in, Sign out, and Account.
6. Connect to Stripe.
Memberful starts out in test payment mode. Kick the tires before you start accepting real live payments. Then, when you’re ready to start processing orders, connect to your Stripe account through the Memberful Dashboard. Stripe is a full-stack credit card payment processor. Navigate to Settings → Payment. We'll automatically purge all your test orders when you switch to live payments.
7. Edit Memberful email templates.
Memberful sends transactional email to your members. Navigate to Settings → Email → Email Templates to see the emails sent by Memberful and edit their contents.
8. Integrate your newsletters and discussion forums.
For newsletter and discussion forum installation instructions, read the article that’s right for you.
9. Import your members (optional).
We make it easy to import all your existing members and their plans directly into Memberful.
Now that you’ve got Memberful set up with your WordPress website, it’s time to announce that option to your loyal supporters. Use an announcement post to share your offering and solicit some feedback from your community. This will get you selling right away. Then, you can slowly start adding some extra member benefits as you go.
Quick start guides
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Add conversion tracking
- Integrate with Zapier
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Recommended hosting
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Memberful Profile Widget
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin