Troubleshoot with your members
We know it’s important for you to maintain a direct connection with your members—from answering questions about your membership program to solving any tech issues. And while it’s your responsibility to communicate with your members, Memberful’s Customer Happiness team will be there in the background, always available to help you troubleshoot and resolve any obstacles quickly and efficiently!
In this help doc:
- Help your members help themselves.
- Understand the issue.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Isolate the issue.
- When in doubt, contact us for help.
Help your members help themselves
Your first line of defence for member questions is an easy-to-access FAQ page. Many common member questions can easily solved with a bit of guidance. We’ve complied a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) for you to use on your membership site. Feel free to copy these FAQs and modify them based on your particular setup.
Here are a few examples from other customers:
- Club TWiT FAQ
- Pack Hacker Pro FAQ (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
- Craig Mod FAQ (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
Understand the issue
The key to helping your members is to gather information about the issue. Ask questions like:
- What are you trying to do?
- What error message are you getting?
- Can you send me a screenshot of what you‘re seeing?
- What operating system and browser version are you using when you run into this issue? If you're not sure of the exact versions, visit whatsmybrowser.org and send us a screenshot.
- Are you viewing the page from a private/incognito browser page? For example, Chrome in incognito blocks third-party cookies, and Memberful's overlay requires third-party cookies to work.
Reproduce the issue
Once you understand the issue, see if you can reproduce it with a test member account.
Navigate to Members → New Member and create a member with a different email address than the one you use for any website-related admin accounts and log out of any website-related admin accounts. Then you have a few options to provide free access to your test member account.
Can you recreate the issue?
Isolate the issue
If you can’t recreate the issue, the next step is to narrow down the culprit by asking the member to change one thing at a time.
- Whitelist our cookie if it’s being blocked.
- Clear cookies and cache.
- Disable browser extensions.
- Try a different browser.
- Try a different device.
When in doubt, contact us for help
No matter how you slice it, we’re here to help! Send us a message with answers to the following questions:
- What is the issue or error message? (Share screenshots!)
- Can you reproduce the issue with a test member account?
- If so, have you isolated the issue? (e.g. “The issue only happens when I log in via this article from my iPhone 13 — iOS 15, Safari 15.4.”)
We’ll use the answers to these questions as a jumping-off point to help resolve the issue! 💪