Integrate with Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is an email marketing tool that integrates with Memberful.
If you want to offer your audience a members-only email newsletter so you can share valuable information and drive revenue for your business—you’re in the right place!
When you combine the marketing automation wizardry of a platform like Campaign Monitor with the best-in-class membership software that is Memberful, you can easily create a powerful email newsletter offering.
If you don't have an email newsletter with Campaign Monitor yet, you might want to send members-only newsletters via Memberful instead — at no extra cost!
Learn how to send members-only newsletters via Memberful.
In this help doc:
- Integrate Campaign Monitor.
- How we keep your list up to date and synced.
- Send a targeted Campaign.
- (Optional) Add a referral link to your Campaign.
- Create automations for segments.
Integrate Campaign Monitor
Navigate to Settings → Third-party services → Campaign Monitor → Connect from your Memberful dashboard, and click Connect to Campaign Monitor. You'll be sent to the Campaign Monitor website and asked to sign in and confirm permissions for Memberful to add to your mailing list.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
When you connect, we'll create a list called Subscribers from Memberful in your Campaign Monitor account, and then automatically and continuously update your subscriber list by adding new members and updating existing members. We'll also sync important member details as custom fields. You can use these custom fields to build powerful Campaign Monitor segments.
When you click a subscriber in Campaign Monitor, you'll see the Memberful custom fields associated with their profile. Here's a list of the custom fields we continuously sync to Campaign Monitor:
- Active Subscription: Custom field is updated if the member is actively subscribed to any Plan.
- All Access Pass: Custom field is updated if a Memberful administrator has given them an All Access Pass.
- Plans: [Your plan name] Custom field is added if the member is subscribed to a specific Plan or Plans.
- Product: [Your download name] Custom field is added if the member purchased a Download.
- Signup Source
- Checkout: Custom field is added if the sign up source was the Memberful purchase form.
- Created by Admin: Custom field is added if the sign up source was a Memberful administrator.
- Free Registration: Custom field is added if the sign up source was a free registration link.
- Gift: Custom field is added if they received the membership as a gift.
- Team subscription: Custom field is added if they joined a group subscription.
We will not remove members from your Subscribers from Memberful list if their subscription expires. If the member's subscription expires, the related Memberful custom field will be updated or removed from their profile. In addition, if a member changes their email, we'll add the new email as a new subscriber, and remove the Memberful fields from the old email.
Send a targeted Campaign
To send more targeted campaigns, create a new segment using the custom fields we've added to your subscribers.
Add a referral link to your campaign
If you’ve enabled our Memberful referral program, you’ll be able to add a referral link to your campaign so members can earn rewards for referring others.
Select Insert → Custom fields → Subscribe… Memberful in your Campaign Monitor editor.
Then in Custom fields you can choose the Memberful Referral link.
Create automations for segments
You can send unlimited event-triggered emails (e.g. autoresponders) to specific segments (see above) with Campaign Monitor's automated emails.
Related help docs:
- Learn about the right way for your members to unsubscribe.
- Send members-only newsletters via Memberful.