Modify a member's subscription
Memberful provides an intuitive payment and account management experience for your members which means you’ll spend less time providing customer support. However, there may be instances where you need to modify a member's subscription, and you can easily do so from the Memberful dashboard.
In this help doc:
- Toggle auto-renew on or cancel a subscription.
- Edit a member's custom amount.
- Delete a member's subscription.
- Change a member's renewal date.
- Change a member's plan.
- Add a coupon to a member's subscription.
- Manage group subscriptions.
Toggle auto-renew on or cancel a subscription
You can toggle auto-renew on or cancel a subscription for a member and also restart an expired subscription. Locate the member using the search bar in your Memberful dashboard and then click the subscription in their profile.
You can enable auto-renew or cancel the subscription.
You can restart their subscription.
Edit a member’s custom amount
If you've enabled the setting, Let Members choose what to pay, you may need to edit the amount they're contributing.
Under Custom price click Change and enter a new amount that’s equal-to or greater than the plan’s minimum price. The member will be charged this amount at their new renewal, and all renewals going forward.
Delete a subscription
Navigate to the member's profile, click the subscription link, and click Delete subscription in the bottom lefthand corner of the window.
- If you delete a subscription, the member will no longer have access to it from their account, and will lose access to their member benefits right away.
- If you cancel the subscription (see above), the member will maintain their membership until the subscription expires and will be able to renew their subscription later on, from their account, if they choose.
Change a renewal date
Navigate to the member's profile, click the subscription link, and change the renewal to a later date.
If you've added multiple plans to a Plan Group, you can switch a member's plan for another one in the same Plan Group.
Navigate to the member's profile, click the Change button, and select a different plan from the list. Your member will be charged accordingly.
Add a coupon to a subscription
Navigate to Settings → Coupons and create a coupon. Then navigate to the member’s profile, click the subscription link, and add the coupon code.
To add a coupon during an upgrade, click change next to the Plan name, choose the new Plan, and then apply the coupon code.
Manage group subscriptions
Group plans are plans that contain multiple memberships purchased and managed by a single account. Learn how to manage group subscriptions.
Related help docs:
- Take a tour of the Memberful admin dashboard.
- Learn more about how members manage their subscriptions.
- Add a membership FAQ page to your site.