Restrict access to video content
When you combine the restrict embed feature of a video hosting service like Vimeo with the Memberful WordPress plugin, you can create a powerful video membership site.
In this help doc:
Choose a video hosting platform
A video hosting platform is the home for all your bandwidth intensive videos. Wistia and Vimeo (Vimeo PRO or Vimeo Business) are two great options. Both platforms offer plenty of customization options, HD videos, and reliable playback. They also provide you with the option to restrict video embedding to specific websites. You can also check out Streamable, Cloudflare Stream, SproutVideo, and Vidyard.
Follow these steps to get started with Wistia:
- Upload your videos to your Wistia account.
- Configure your Wistia account and customize your video player.
- (Important!) Enable domain restrictions.
Follow these steps to get started with Vimeo:
- Upload your videos to your Vimeo account.
- Customize your Vimeo video player.
- (Important!) Configure your Vimeo privacy settings and be sure to enable the Only on sites I choose embedding option.
Step 3 is important because it restricts the embedding of your Wistia or Vimeo videos to your domain. This ensures your members-only videos stay private.
Embed videos on protected WordPress posts
Then protect each post using the Memberful WordPress plugin.