We're hiring a Designer.
What we're looking for
It's fun and rewarding to work with people who are enthusiastic and get stuff done. At Memberful, we're a self managed team. We don't require heavy direction or daily check-ins. This means you'll come up with your own goals and execute them. You'll discover, plan, and see things through from start to finish. This job is for you if:
- You’re enthusiastic about life and work on a daily basis.
- You embrace responsibility and new challenges.
- You care deeply about form and function.
- You look for opportunities to improve process.
- You thrive on organization and planning.
- You do what it takes to get things done on time.
- You have experience working remotely and enjoy it.
- You recognize it's about building a great product, and therefore embrace discussion and criticism of ideas.
- You don't like working with complainers or blamers.
- You don't claim to be an expert at everything, but you show a strong desire to learn new things and continually get better.
- You don’t just report the problem, you present a plan for fixing it.
You should be hungry and excited to take on real responsibility and work hard on useful software with real paying customers.
What you’ll work on
We're a very small team, so you'll have a unique opportunity to make a big impact. You'll be working on a product used by well over hundred thousand people, and we'll be counting on you to challenge us and lead Memberful in exciting new directions. You'll bring creativity, fresh perspective, and a skeptical but open mind to our process.
You'll work on a variety of different things at Memberful, including our website, product strategy, and product marketing, but you'll mostly be working with one or two talented engineers to plan, design, and build exciting new features for Memberful customers. You'll also work with our customers directly to help understand the problems we're trying to solve.
Skills, Salary, & Benefits
You should have visual taste, design talent, and excellent writing skills. You know copywriting is at the core of great design. You should also write well-structured HTML/CSS, as you'll be responsible for designing and building the frontend of our product. Rails experience is a bonus, but definitely not required.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible vacation. Take it when you need it.
- Health insurance if you're in the United States.
To apply, send an email to des21[at]memberful.com. Please include [DESIGNER] in the subject line and include some examples of your recent work. If we think you're a good fit, we'll be back in touch with next steps.
We strongly favor candidates who put extra effort into their cover letter and application. Let us know why you want this job, not just any job.