Part-time Social Media Manager: Memberful
Memberful is a small remote-first company making membership software for independent publishers, educators, and creators. Our product embraces decentralization by intentionally not trying to do everything. Instead, we focus on building easy to use membership software that integrates tightly with best-in-class complementary services like WordPress, Stripe, and Mailchimp.
Historically, we’ve done very little marketing. We’ve focused on building an opinionated product our customers love while providing them with unexpectedly great service. They’ve rewarded us by telling their friends and colleagues about Memberful. It wasn’t until recently, that we decided it’s time to make a shift and take hold of our story. We hired a Head of Marketing to lead the way and have spent the last few months doing deep foundational work, learning about our competition, our customers and building out our brand expression.
This is where it gets exciting. Now that our foundation is set, we’re ready to start marketing. Memberful will never be known for flashy ad campaigns—that is counter to who we are. Instead, authentic social marketing that builds credibility and deeper connections will be central to our strategy. We want to use our social channels to connect with current and future customers in a way that is relevant, while posting content that adds value and positions Memberful as a leader in the membership space.
Knowing social media will be a significant part of our marketing, we are looking to add a Social Media Manager to our small, remote team. This person needs to be a strong writer who is passionate about membership, the subscription / passion economy and knows how to build a brand through social connection. Thoughtful writing is a value of ours and is integral to this position.
- Research/ deeply understand how our target uses social media.
- Work with Head of Marketing to design and implement a social media strategy.
- Set specific objectives per social channel.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Collaborate with Head of Marketing to ensure brand consistency.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries quickly with a kind tone and monitor customer reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.) and ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest and implement new ideas to develop brand awareness via social channels.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media.
- Excellent writer.
- Passion for membership, subscriptions, the passion economy and entrepreneurship.
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager.
- Hands on experience managing multiple platforms at one time.
- Ability to deliver creative social content (text, image and video).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
Working at Memberful:
Who we are and what we're building.
Memberful is a small team of self-starters focused on building great software and helping our customers succeed. We pay attention to the details, we treat people right, and we love learning and experimenting.
Do great work. Live your life.
Everyone at Memberful has a passion for doing great work. But we also want to live our life. That means working during normal business hours, maintaining a calm work environment, minimizing distractions, and respecting everyone's time. We've found most things in business just aren't that urgent.
Work from anywhere.
Everyone at Memberful is free to live and work wherever they choose. Our internal process is built around remote, asynchronous communication and deep work.
Friendly and thoughtful teammates.
We're big believers in treating others as we'd like to be treated. Life is too short not to work with people you like, respect, and trust.
How to apply:
To apply, send an email to tiffany[at]memberful.com. Please include [SMM] in the subject line and tell us about how you’ve done this before and how you would leverage that experience to do it again at Memberful. If we think you're a good fit, we'll get in touch with next steps.
We strongly favor great writers who put real effort into their cover letter and application. We don't want a stock cover letter. We're looking for someone who can clearly communicate why they're the right person for this job.