Integrate with Sensei
Sensei is a learning management system (LMS) plugin for WordPress that makes it easy to create online courses. Memberful has built-in support for Sensei.
In this help doc:
- Install and activate Sensei.
- How Sensei's course hierarchy works.
- Add a course.
- Protect your course for members only.
Install and activate Sensei
Install Sensei and activate your plugin. Once you activate the Sensei plugin, you'll see a new option appear in your WordPress dashboard.
Click Sensei to access the Sensei settings and LMS.
You will use the Memberful access restriction settings to restrict access to your course for members only instead of the WooCommerce integration.
Sensei course hierarchy
Sensei courses are made up of Modules, Lessons, and Quizzes. Modules allow you to group lessons, but contain no content. Here’s an example of a basic course hierarchy:
Course title: Baking 101
Module 1: Baking Basics
- Lesson 1: Ingredients
- Quiz: Ingredients
- Lesson 2: Baking utensils
- Quiz: Baking utensiils
- Lesson 3: Measurements
- Quiz: Measurements
Please note that you can create a course made up only of lessons. Using modules to group your content is optional.
Add a course
- Go to Courses → All Courses from the WordPress dashboard and click Add New.
- Enter a course title and description, and fill in the relevant course information.
Add a module
- Navigate to Courses → All Courses from the WordPress dashboard and select the course you want to edit.
Click + Add New Module, enter a module name, and click Add New Module.
Navigate to Modules in the WordPress dashboard and select the module you created. Add a description like: “In this module you will learn how to make the most popular types of cookies such as chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal.”
Add a lesson
- To add a Lesson, go to Lessons → Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
- Assign the lesson to a course and module.
- Add the lesson content and information.
If you want to reorder the lessons in your course, navigate to Lessons → Order Lessons.
Add a quiz
- To add a Quiz to a lesson, scroll down to the quiz questions panel under the lesson.
- Add a new question and possible answers, and then click Add Question. Repeat to add all your quiz questions.
Protect your course for members only
Now that your course and lessons are built, you need to restrict access for members only.
- Navigate to your course from the WordPress dashboard and scroll to the bottom of the page to access the Memberful: Restrict Access meta box.
- Select a Plan or Plans to define which members can access the course. Repeat this step for each lesson in your course.
The content to the right of the Who has access? settings is shown to anyone without access. This is where you should add your Plan purchase link and marketing content—or a note that says: “Members only content.”
Here’s what members will see once they purchase a Plan to access your course:
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create a Team plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Customize branding
- Include or sell Downloads
- Update your account settings
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Integrate with Tapfiliate
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin