Sync with MailChimp
Navigate to Settings → Integrate → Services from your Memberful dashboard, and activate the MailChimp integration.
You'll be sent to the MailChimp website and asked to sign in and confirm permissions for Memberful to add to your mailing list.
You'll then be sent back to Memberful, where we'll ask you to confirm which list you want to sync your members to:
Memberful will initially import all members who have an order. After that we'll sync members to MailChimp when they sign up, or when they update their profile.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
We automatically sync the member's active subscription plans as Mailchimp Groups. We will not remove members from the mailing list if their subscription expires. Groups give you the power to segment your list. If you want to only send to active (paying) members you'll want to use our pre-defined segments (see below) or create your own custom segment using MailChimp Groups.
If you're viewing a Memberful member in MailChimp, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the information we've synced:
A list of the MailChimp Groups we sync:
- Plans: All active subscription plans for the member. If the member's subscription expires, they are removed from the Group.
- Products: All downloads owned by the member.
- Signup source: Set to Free Registration, Checkout, or Created by Admin. Does not change.
- All Access Pass: Set to Enabled or Disabled.
Send a basic campaign
To send out a newsletter in MailChimp you need to create a campaign that sends to specific members. Memberful creates four default segments for sending campaigns:
- Paid Subscribers: Customers who are currently paid and active on any Subscription Plan.
- Members without a paid-up subscription: Customers who either don't have an active Subscription Plan, or had one at some point, but chose not to renew it.
- Members who registered for free: Customers who initially registered for free. Does not change if they later make a purchase. Only tracks the initial sign up source.
- Members who signed up buying something: Customers who initially became members by making a purchase. Does not change if they later expire. Only tracks the initial sign up source.
Send a targeted campaign
If you want to get more granular, you can target members who're subscribed to specific plans. For example, you want to send different content to paying members with different subscription plans. Choose Send to a new segment and select the individual plans:
You may combine segments (see above) with MailChimp Automation to send unlimited event triggered emails.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Set up Plan Groups
- Enable Apple Pay
- Set up conversion tracking
- Use webhooks with Zapier
- WordPress quick start
- Recommended hosting
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Protect WordPress content
- Memberful Profile Widget
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions