Integrate with LearnDash
LearnDash is a learning management system (LMS) plugin for WordPress that makes it easy to create online courses. Memberful has built-in support for LearnDash.
In this help doc:
- Install and activate LearnDash.
- How LearnDash's course structure works.
- Create a course.
- Protect your course for members only.
Install and activate LearnDash
Install LearnDash and activate your plugin. Once you activate the LearnDash plugin, you'll see a new option appear in the WordPress dashboard.
Click LearnDash LMS to access the LearnDash menu and the LMS.
You will use the Memberful access restriction settings to restrict access to your course for members only instead of the LearnDash settings.
LearnDash courses are made up of Lessons, Topics, and Quizzes. Here’s an example of a basic course outline:
Course title: Baking 101
Lesson 1: Baking Basics
- Topic 1: Ingredients
- Topic 2: Baking utensils
- Topic 3: Measurements
- Quiz: Baking Basics
Please note that you can create a course made up only of lessons. Using topics to further break down your content is optional.
Create a course
- Under the Courses tab, click Add New. Enter a course title and description, and set the course price type to Open.
Scroll down to the LearnDash Course Builder meta box at the bottom of your course page. Click the + symbol and then the green checkmark to create a new lesson, topic, or quiz.
Drag your lessons, topics, and quizzes to the right column to add them to your course. Keep in mind:
- Topics must be assigned to lessons.
- Quizzes can be assigned to the course itself or to a lesson or topic.
Add lesson content
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Lessons and select a lesson.
- Add some introductory information about the lesson in the WordPress editor. For example, “In this lesson, you will learn how to make the most popular types of cookies like chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal.”
- Optional: You can also use LearnDash shortcodes to add additional information to any course, lesson, or quiz.
Add topic content
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Topics and select a topic.
- Add your text and media in the WordPress text editor.
- If you’re including a video in your topic, add the video embed code directly in the WordPress text editor.
- To access additional video options, scroll down to the Lesson Topic box and click Enable video progression.
Add quiz questions
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Quizzes and select a quiz.
- Configure the quiz settings and enter your quiz questions.
Protect your course for members only
Now that your course is built, you need to restrict access for members only.
- Navigate to your course from the LearnDash menu and scroll to the bottom of the page to access the Memberful: Restrict Access meta box.
- Select a Plan or Plans to define which plan members can access the course.
The content to the right of the Who has access? settings is shown to anyone without access. This is where you should add your Plan purchase link and marketing content—or a note that says: “Members only content.”
Here’s what members will see once they purchase a Plan to access your course:
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create a Team plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Customize branding
- Include or sell Downloads
- Update your account settings
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin