Integrate with LearnDash
LearnDash is a learning management system (LMS) plugin for WordPress that makes it easy to create online courses. Memberful has built-in support for LearnDash.
In this help doc:
- Install and activate LearnDash.
- How LearnDash's course structure works.
- Create a course.
- Protect your course for members only.
Install and activate LearnDash
Install LearnDash and activate your plugin. Once you activate the LearnDash plugin, you'll see a new option appear in the WordPress dashboard. Click LearnDash LMS to access the LearnDash menu.
You will use the Memberful access restriction settings to restrict access to your course for members only instead of the LearnDash settings.
LearnDash courses are made up of lessons, topics, and quizzes. Here’s an example of a basic course outline:
Course title: Baking 101
Lesson 1: Baking Basics
- Topic 1: Ingredients
- Topic 2: Baking utensils
- Topic 3: Measurements
- Quiz: Baking Basics
Create a course
- Under the Courses tab, click Add New. Enter a course title and description, and set the course price type to Open via the Settings tab.
- Navigate to the Builder tab and build your course outline (e.g. lessons, topics, and quizzes).
Add lesson content
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Lessons and select a lesson.
- Add some introductory information about the lesson in the WordPress editor. You can also use LearnDash shortcodes to add additional information to any course, lesson, or quiz.
Add topic content
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Topics and select a topic.
- Add your text, media, and / or video embed code in the WordPress text editor.
Add quiz questions
- From the LearnDash menu, navigate to Quizzes and select a quiz.
- Configure the quiz settings and enter your quiz questions.
Protect your course for members only
Now that your course is built, you need to restrict access for members only.
- Navigate to your course from the LearnDash menu and scroll to the bottom of the page to access the Memberful: Restrict Access meta box.
- Select a Plan or Plans to define which members can access the course.
The content to the right of the Who has access? settings is shown to anyone without access. This is where you should add your Plan purchase link and marketing content.
Here’s what members will see once they purchase a Plan to access your course:
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Migrate from Substack
- Add a member
- Add a staff member
- Change Plan price
- Add a custom field
- Give free access
- Offer and manage gifts
- Manage Team plans
- Refund or suspend an order
- Move all members of a Plan
- Use a staging site
- Pause a subscription
- Handle failed payments
- Switch Stripe accounts
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin