Integrate with Drip
Drip is an email marketing tool that integrates with Memberful.
In this help doc:
- Integrate Drip.
- How we keep your list up to date and synced.
- Send a targeted Campaign or Broadcast.
- Create powerful Drip Workflows.
- The right way to "unsubscribe."
Navigate to Settings → Integrate → Services from your Memberful dashboard, and activate the Drip integration.
You'll be sent to Drip and asked grant access and choose an account:
You'll then be sent back to Memberful, where we'll ask you to connect:
When you first connect to Drip, we'll import all members as Drip subscribers. Then, we'll automatically and continuously update your Drip subscriber list by adding new members and updating existing members.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
We automatically sync important member details as Custom Fields in Drip. You can use these Custom Fields to build powerful Drip Campaigns and Broadcasts. When you click on a subscriber in Drip, you'll see their Plans and information listed in their profile:
A list of the Custom Fields we continuously sync to Drip:
- first_name: Member's first name
- full_name Member's full name
- last_name: Member's last name
- memberful_plans: All active Plans. Plans are automatically removed if the related subscription expires or becomes inactive.
- memberful_downloads: All purchased standalone Downloads
- memberful_ signup_method: Set to Free Registration, Checkout, Gift or Created by Admin. Does not change.
- memberful_ unrestricted_access: Does the member have an All Access Pass? Set to Enabled or Disabled.
Send a targeted Campaign or Broadcast
To send targeted Campaigns or Broadcasts create a new segment or add a set of conditions using the memberful_plans Custom Field we've added to your Drip subscribers.
Create powerful Drip Workflows
Create a new Trigger in your Drip Workflow and choose Memberful as the provider. Then, select the specific event:
When you combine Memberful Custom Fields and Memberful Triggers you can create powerful plan-specific Workflows:
The right way to "unsubscribe"
Your email newsletter's "unsubscribe" link will not cancel a member's subscription. Add a Memberful Account link to your email newsletter template so your members can manage their profile, subscriptions, and credit card details.
Replace YOURSITE with your actual Memberful subdomain.
If a paying member mistakenly clicks the Drip unsubscribe link—and you want them to receive your emails again—delete them from Drip. Memberful will re-add them when it syncs.
Related help docs:
Start selling memberships the easy way! 🚀 🙌 💪
Join some of the world's biggest audience-supported creators.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Include or sell Downloads
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Integrate with Tapfiliate
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin