Integrate with Drip
Drip is an email marketing tool that integrates with Memberful.
In this help doc:
- Integrate Drip.
- How we keep your list up to date and synced.
- Send a targeted Campaign or Broadcast.
- Create powerful Drip Workflows.
- The right way to "unsubscribe."
Navigate to Settings → Integrate → Services from your Memberful dashboard, and activate the Drip integration. You'll be sent to Drip and asked grant access and choose an account:
You'll then be sent back to Memberful, where we'll ask you to connect:
When you first connect to Drip, we'll import all members as Drip subscribers. Then, we'll automatically and continuously update your Drip subscriber list by adding new members and updating existing members.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
We automatically sync important member details as Custom Fields and Tags in Drip. You can use these Tags to build powerful Drip Campaigns and Broadcasts. When you click on a subscriber in Drip, you'll see their Plans and information listed in their profile:
A list of the Custom Fields we continuously sync to Drip:
- first_name: Member's first name.
- full_name: Member's full name.
- last_name: Member's last name.
A list of the Tags we continuously sync to Drip:
- Memberful: Every subscriber created or updated by Memberful.
- Memberful: Active Subscription: Member is tagged if actively subscribed to a paid plan.
- Memberful Plan: [Your plan name]: Member is tagged with the Plan(s) they purchased.
- Memberful Download: [Your download name]: Member is tagged with the Download(s) they purchased.
- Memberful: All Access Pass: Member is tagged if a Memberful administrator has given them an All Access Pass.
- Memberful: Checkout: Member is tagged if the sign up source was the Memberful purchase form.
- Memberful: Created by Admin: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a Memberful administrator.
- Memberful: Free Registration: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a free registration link.
- Memberful: Gift: Member is tagged if they received the membership as a gift.
Send a targeted Campaign or Broadcast
To send targeted Campaigns or Broadcasts create a new segment or add a set of conditions using the Memberful Tags we've added to your Drip subscribers.
Create powerful Drip Workflows
Create a new Trigger in your Drip Workflow and choose Memberful as the provider. Then, select the specific event:
When you combine Memberful Tags and Memberful Triggers you can create powerful plan-specific Workflows:
The right way to "unsubscribe"
Your email newsletter's "unsubscribe" link will not cancel a member's subscription. Add a Memberful Account link to your email newsletter template so your members can manage their profile, subscriptions, and credit card details.
Replace YOURSITE with your actual site name, which can be found in your Memberful dashboard via Account → Account settings.
If a paying member mistakenly clicks the Drip unsubscribe link—and you want them to receive your emails again—delete them from Drip. Memberful will re-add them when it syncs.
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀