Integrate with ConvertKit
ConvertKit is an email marketing tool that integrates with Memberful.
In this help doc:
- Integrate ConvertKit.
- How we keep your list up to date and synced.
- Send a targeted Broadcast.
- Create an automation.
Navigate to Settings → Integrate → Services from your Memberful dashboard, and activate the ConvertKit integration. You'll be asked to enter the API Secret. To get the API Secret, visit Account settings → API Secret in your ConvertKit account.
When you first connect to ConvertKit, we'll import all members as ConvertKit subscribers. Then, we'll automatically and continuously update your subscriber list by adding new members and updating existing members.
How we keep your list up to date and synced
We automatically sync important member details as ConvertKit tags. You can use these tags to build powerful ConvertKit automations. When you click a subscriber in ConvertKit, you'll see the Memberful tags associated with their profile.
A list of the tags we continuously sync to ConvertKit:
- Memberful: Every subscriber created or updated by Memberful.
- Memberful: Active Subscription Member is tagged if actively subscribed to a paid Plan.
- Memberful Plan: [Your Plan name] Member is tagged with the Plan(s) they purchased.
- Memberful Download: [Your download name] Member is tagged with the Download(s) they purchased.
- Memberful: All Access Pass: Member is tagged if a Memberful administrator has given them an All Access Pass.
- Memberful: Checkout: Member is tagged if the sign up source was the Memberful purchase form.
- Memberful: Created by Admin: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a Memberful administrator.
- Memberful: Free Registration: Member is tagged if the sign up source was a free registration link.
- Memberful: Gift: Member is tagged if they received the membership as a gift.
We will not remove members from your subscriber list if their subscription expires. If the member's subscription expires, the related Memberful tag will be removed from their profile. In addition, if a member changes their email, we'll add the new email as a new subscriber, and remove the Memberful fields from the old email.
Send a targeted Broadcast
To send a targeted Broadcast (i.e. a one-time email), filter your subscribers using the default ConvertKit filters, the default Memberful tags above, or any other Memberful tags that exist based on the Plans you’ve created. Alternatively, you can create a segment made up of multiple tags and send a Broadcast to that segment.
Create an automation
First, create a ConvertKit Sequence, which is a series of emails sent automatically based on a subscription date. Then, create an automation to send out the sequence to a members who are tagged with a specific Memberful Plan or Download.
Related help docs: