Use Memberful without WordPress
Are you using Squarespace or another non-WordPress site builder like Wix, Weebly, Webflow, or Leadpages? No problem! Memberful makes it easy to sell memberships to your audience from any website—and setup takes only 2 minutes! Then you can share your members-only content through a paid email newsletter or discussion forum.
Interested in restricting access to certain pages on your site for members only? Host your content on a basic WordPress website and protect it with the Memberful WordPress plugin.
How to test Memberful
Add the Memberful code to your site (optional)
Some site builders (like Wix and Leadpages) do not support Memberful’s code. In these cases, the Memberful links will open in new browser windows instead of the payment form.
- Navigate to Settings → Integrate from your Memberful dashboard.
- Click I’m using something else and copy the code.
- Paste it in the
<head>section of your master template (every page). Now any Memberful links you insert on your site (purchase or account links) will be recognized and ready for immediate use.
For specific integration instructions, read the article that’s right for you.
Create a sign up button
- Create a sign up button on your website.
From your Memberful dashboard, navigate to Plans → Sample Plan → Plan Settings and copy the raw HTML Plan purchase link and paste it in your sign up button.
Add an account link to your site so members can manage their profiles, subscriptions, and credit card details. Replace YOURSITE with your actual site name, which can be found in your Memberful dashboard via Account → Account settings.
Make a test purchase as an end user
Access your website as an end user and click the sign up button.
While in test payment mode, check out with a test credit card and any name, CVC, billing zip, and future expiration date.
- Log in to your account as a test member to view your account information.
- To view your test member as a Memberful administrator, navigate to the Members tab in your Memberful dashboard.
Way to go! 🎉
Now that you've integrated Memberful with your site, it's time to build the rest of your membership offering:
- Create a paid email newsletter with Campaign Monitor, ConvertKit, Drip, Mailchimp, or another email provider via Zapier.
- Create a members-only discussion forum with Discourse.
- Customize your branding.
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin