WordPress hosting providers
You're running a business on your WordPress website, so it's important you have reliable managed hosting.
In this help doc:
Choose a hosting provider
These are the WordPress hosting providers we would recommend for use with Memberful (in alphabetical order):
- Flywheel, Liquid Web, or Siteground for smaller sites.
- Pagely, Pantheon, or WP Engine for larger sites.
We do NOT have referral relationships with any these hosting providers. We recommend them from experience only.
Hosting with Bluehost, GoDaddy, or EasyWP by Namecheap? Please contact us.
Install an SSL certificate (recommended)
After you choose a WordPress host, we strongly recommend enabling SSL on your WordPress website. All of our recommended hosting providers have easy installation and support for SSL.
Redirects not working?
We set a cookie that redirects members back to the page they were on after they sign in. Some hosting providers will ignore these cookies by default therefore we will redirect members to your main page instead of their previous location. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to add a custom cache exception for Memberful (i.e. exclude any URLs containing the memberful_endpoint string).
- If you're hosting with Flywheel, ask them to whitelist
memberful_endpointas a cookie-keeping path.
- If you're hosting with WP Engine, ask them to whitelist the
- If you're hosting with SiteGround, you can add the custom cache exception via the SG Optimizer plugin in your Wordpress dashboard.
- If you're hosting with Pair, they'll need to disable Varnish caching which can only be done if you have a VPS-level account or an Apache-based server.
- If you're hosting with Pantheon, you'll need to disable caching on specific pages. Make sure to update the regex patterns they list so that they match the pages you don't want to cache.
$regex_path_patterns = array( '#memberful_endpoint#', );
Related help docs:
- Choose a great, WordPress theme to use with Memberful.
- Install the Memberful WordPress plugin.
- Build a WordPress membership site.
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Migrate from Substack
- Add a member
- Add a staff member
- Change Plan price
- Add a custom field
- Give free access
- Offer and manage gifts
- Manage Team plans
- Refund or suspend an order
- Move all members of a Plan
- Use a staging site
- Pause a subscription
- Handle failed payments
- Switch Stripe accounts
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin