Organize protected content
When you add content to WordPress posts—instead of pages—you have the ability to categorize them; this makes it easier for your members to find the topics they’re looking for rather than browsing through your posts chronologically. You can read more about the differences between pages and posts here.
Create, categorize, and tag posts
- To add a post, navigate to Posts from the sidebar in your WordPress dashboard, and click Add New.
- Add your text, images, video embed codes, etc. in the editor at the top of the screen.
To categorize your post, navigate to the Categories meta box on the right side of the post editor screen. Create a new category (e.g. Flexibility) and check the box next to the new category.
Optional: Add tags (i.e. keywords) to your posts to provide additional navigation options for your members. Navigate to the Tags meta box below the Categories meta box, type your tags (e.g. exercise, stretching, endurance), and click Add.
Tags will appear as hyperlinks at the bottom of your posts. Members can click a tag to access all other posts with the same tag.
Navigate to the Memberful: Restrict Access meta box at the bottom left of the screen to restrict access to the post for members only. Add text for non-members or logged out members in the editor to the right of the Memberful: Restrict Access meta box (e.g. “Members only post”).
Click Update to save your work.
Display categories in a menu
- Navigate to Pages from the sidebar in your WordPress dashboard, and click Add New. Title the page "Members only." Add a welcome message for your members or instructions for navigating the members area of your site.
- Navigate to Appearance → Menus from the sidebar in your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the checkbox next to the "Members only" page, and then click Add to Menu.
- Click the checkbox next to the categories you want to add to your menu, and then click Add to Menu.
Add the categories as sub-items under the "Members only" page. Click Save Menu.
Display categories in a widget
- Navigate to Appearance → Widgets from the sidebar in your WordPress dashboard.
- Drag and drop the Categories widget in a sidebar. All your categories will be listed except for those without associated posts.
Start selling memberships the easy way! 🚀 🙌 💪
Join some of the world's biggest audience-supported creators.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Include or sell downloads
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Add conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Integrate with Tapfiliate
- Include VAT
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin