Organize protected content
When you add content to WordPress posts instead of pages, you have the ability to categorize them. This makes it easier for your members to find the topics they’re looking for rather than browsing through your posts chronologically.
In this help doc:
Categorize and tag posts
- Navigate to Posts from your WordPress dashboard and click Add New.
- Add your content and restrict access to the post using the Memberful WordPress plugin.
Navigate to the Categories meta box. Create a new category and check the box next to the new category.
Optional: Add tags (i.e. keywords) to your posts to provide additional navigation options for your members. Navigate to the Tags meta box, type your tags, and click Add.
Tags will appear as hyperlinks at the bottom of your posts. Members can click a tag to access all other posts with the same tag.
Display categories in a menu
- Navigate to Pages from your WordPress dashboard and click Add New. Title the page "Members only." Add a welcome message for your members or instructions for using the member's area of your site.
- Navigate to Appearance → Menus.
- Click the checkbox next to the "Members only" page and the categories you want to add to your menu, and then click Add to Menu.
Add the categories as sub-categories under the "Members only" page. Click Save Menu.
Display categories in a widget
- Navigate to Appearance → Widgets from your WordPress dashboard.
- Drag and drop the Categories widget in a sidebar. All your categories will be listed except for those without associated posts.
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin