White-label transactional emails
Memberful sends transactional emails on your behalf by default. You may also send white-label emails using your own SMTP server or transactional email service like SendGrid, Mailgun, or Postmark.
In this help doc:
Integrate with an SMTP server
Navigate to Settings → Email → Sending from your Memberful dashboard, and select Send white label emails using my own SMTP service or server.
Fill in the form details and then click Save Changes.
A few notes for G Suite users:
- Even if you’re using G Suite on your own domain, you can't use that domain as your SMTP relay. You have to use their Gmail relay service (smtp-relay.gmail.com).
- If your G Suite account has 2-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, you'll need to generate an app-specific password to input in to Memberful.
Test your settings
After you click Save Changes, click Send a test email. If your test emails are not coming through, there may be an issue with your SMTP settings.
You can test your SMTP settings with any standard email app that lets you configure send settings. For example Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird could be used on a desktop computer. If your SMTP settings work from your own computer, they should also work when sending through Memberful.
Still not working? Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Check with the administrator of the email server to make sure you have the correct port and username / password details.
- Check if your SMTP provider allows sending from other IP addresses. If you’re using the SMTP settings provided by your ISP, there’s a chance they only allow sending from their customer’s IP addresses and not those from third parties.
- Remove prefixes on the server. For example, instead of
https://memberful.comset the server to
- Change the port number to 587. That's the standard SMTP port for most mail servers.
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Migrate from Substack
- Add a member
- Add a staff member
- Change Plan price
- Add a custom field
- Give free access
- Offer and manage gifts
- Manage Team plans
- Refund or suspend an order
- Move all members of a Plan
- Use a staging site
- Pause a subscription
- Handle failed payments
- Switch Stripe accounts
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin