If you sell multiple plans, you may want to offer members the option to change between the different plans. Simply add all the plans to the same Plan Group and staff and members will have the option to change between them. To get started, go to Plan Settings for any plan and use the Plan groups select box with the manage groups link or go to Settings → Plans and click the Manage your plan groups button.
You may add up to 10 Standard type plans to a Plan Group. Lifetime and Fixed plans are not eligible for Plan Groups. When a member changes plans they Upgrade, Downgrade, or Crossgrade.
An upgrade occurs when a member changes to a new plan that costs more than their current plan.
- The member's plan changes immediately.
- Member is immediately charged a prorated amount for the upgrade.
Additional upgrade options
There are two additional upgrade options that are useful for sites with different plans that have the same benefits:
- Charge full price and change the plan immediately. The new subscription term starts after the current renewal date.
- Charge and change the plan at the next renewal date.
Go to Settings → Plans in your Memberful dashboard to configure your upgrade preferences.
A downgrade occurs when a member changes to a new plan that costs less than their current plan.
- The member's plan changes at the next renewal date.
- Member is charged the new price at the next renewal date.
A crossgrade occurs when a member changes to a new plan that has the same price as their current plan. There is no charge for crossgrades.
- If both plans have the same renewal period, the plan changes immediately.
- If both plans have different renewal periods, the plan changes at the next renewal date.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create Plan Groups
- Enable Apple Pay
- Add conversion tracking
- Integrate with Zapier
- WordPress quick start
- Recommended hosting
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Protect WordPress content
- Memberful Profile Widget
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions