If you sell multiple Plans, you may want to offer members the option to change between the different Plans. Simply add all the Plans to the same Plan Group and staff and members will have the option to change between them.
In this help doc:
Set up Plan Groups
Navigate to Plan Settings for any Plan and click the manage groups link or go to Settings → Plans and click Manage Plan Groups.
You may add up to 15 Standard type Plans to a Plan Group. Lifetime, Fixed, and Date-based plans are not eligible for Plan Groups. When a member changes Plans they Upgrade, Downgrade, or Crossgrade.
An upgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that costs more than their current Plan.
- The member's Plan changes immediately.
- Member is immediately charged a prorated amount for the upgrade.
Please note that we will not apply a prorated credit for newly imported members. Since they have not paid via Memberful before, their previous order will show as $0. For this use case, we recommend you choose one of the other upgrade options.
Additional upgrade options
There are two additional upgrade options that are useful for sites with different Plans that have the same benefits:
- Charge full price and change the Plan immediately. The new subscription term starts after the current renewal date.
- Charge and change the Plan at the next renewal date.
Go to Settings → Plans in your Memberful dashboard to configure your upgrade preferences.
A downgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that costs less than their current Plan.
- The member's Plan changes at the next renewal date.
- Member is charged the new price at the next renewal date.
A crossgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that has the same price as their current Plan. There is no charge for crossgrades.
- If both Plans have the same renewal period, the Plan changes immediately.
- If both Plans have different renewal periods, the Plan changes at the next renewal date.
Related help docs:
Start selling memberships the easy way! 🚀 🙌 💪
Join some of the world's biggest audience-supported creators.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Include or sell Downloads
- Update your account settings
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Integrate with Tapfiliate
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin