If you sell multiple Plans, you may want to offer members the option to change between the different Plans. Simply add all the Plans to the same Plan Group and staff and members will have the option to change between them.
In this help doc:
Set up Plan Groups
Navigate to Plan Settings for any Plan and click the manage groups link or go to Settings → Plans and click Manage Plan Groups.
You may add up to 25 Standard plans to a Plan Group. Lifetime, Fixed, Date-based, and Team plans are not eligible for Plan Groups. When a member changes Plans they Upgrade, Downgrade, or Crossgrade.
An upgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that costs more than their current Plan.
- The member's Plan changes immediately.
- Member is immediately charged a prorated amount for the upgrade.
Please note that we will not apply a prorated credit for newly imported members. Since they have not paid via Memberful before, their previous order will show as $0. For this use case, we recommend you choose one of the other upgrade options.
Additional upgrade options
There are two additional upgrade options that are useful for sites with different Plans that have the same benefits:
- Charge full price and change the Plan immediately. The new subscription term starts after the current renewal date.
- Charge and change the Plan at the next renewal date.
Go to Settings → Plans in your Memberful dashboard to configure your upgrade preferences.
A downgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that costs less than their current Plan.
- The member's Plan changes at the next renewal date.
- Member is charged the new price at the next renewal date.
A crossgrade occurs when a member changes to a new Plan that has the same price as their current Plan. There is no charge for crossgrades.
- If both Plans have the same renewal period, the Plan changes immediately.
- If both Plans have different renewal periods, the Plan changes at the next renewal date.
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀