Migrate from Substack
Need to import your members from Substack to Memberful? We provide hands-on support! Since Memberful and Substack both use Stripe, you can keep all of your subscribers' payment information when you migrate over — creating a seamless experience with no interruptions.
In this help doc:
Why make the move
With Memberful, you can integrate with best in-class email newsletter providers (like Mailchimp, ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor, or Drip) to send your members-only newsletter. You can also create a more holistic membership offering: Use our WordPress integration to gate content on your site and connect to Discord or Discourse to create a members-only community.
Plus, with Memberful, you have more control over the entire look and feel of the member experience: We’re happy to take a back seat so you can establish a more direct relationship with your audience, from your own website.
Set up Memberful
Set up takes less than 15 minutes.
- Open a Memberful account and upgrade to the Pro plan.
- Integrate your email newsletter provider like ConvertKit or Mailchimp.
- Create your Plans and connect to Stripe.
We will migrate your members
We manage the member subscription within Memberful. When it's time to charge, we charge the customer credit card stored in Stripe.
- Tell us how to map your Stripe Subscriptions to your Memberful Plans.
- Disable all Substack and Stripe transactional emails.
- We will migrate all your active subscriptions to Memberful, and delete the Stripe Subscriptions to avoid duplicate charges.
- Import your free subscribers directly into Mailchimp, ConvertKit, or whatever email newsletter provider you're using.
Re-launch your membership
Launch Memberful on your website!
- Add the Memberful Plan Purchase links to your website.
- Email members and tell them about the new system. When a member lands on the sign in form, they’ll enter their email address, and Memberful will send them a link that they just need to tap or click to sign in. (If they prefer a password, they’ll be able to set one and use it to sign in.)
- Close your Substack account.