Memberful sends transactional email to your members. Navigate to Settings → Email to see the emails sent by Memberful and edit their contents.
In this help doc:
Test email templates
To send and receive transactional emails while in test payment mode, navigate to Account → Plans and billing and upgrade to the Pro plan for free.
To edit and test the email templates after your site is live, you can open a separate Memberful account and leave it in test payment mode, or use a service like PutsMail.
Edit email templates
Memberful’s email templates include default text and a customizable block with a rich text editor. Buttons are displayed for key actions, and if you're on our Pro or Premium plan, we'll apply your custom branding to the templates.
Please note that all email templates are enabled by default except for the Welcome message and Checking in.
- Welcome message → Sent when a new member completes their first order or activates a gift.
- Checking in → Response sent 14 days after a member completes their first order.
- Gift delivery → Sent when a member receives a gift.
- New free member created → Sent to new members who sign up for free or are created by Staff.
- Discord invite → Sent to new members if the Discord integration is enabled.
- (Premium) Welcome new plan manager → Sent to new plan managers after they purchase a group subscription.
- (Premium) Welcome new team member → Sent to new team members after they join a team subscription.
- Payment receipt → Sent whenever a member completes an order, including orders with a free trial.
- Order refunded → Sent when an order is refunded.
- Credit card expired → Sent one week before renewal when a member's credit card has expired.
- Credit card missing → Sent one week before renewal when a member does not have a credit card.
- Free trial ending → Sent 5 days before a free trial ends.
- Subscription expiring soon → Sent 48 hours before a subscription expires when autorenew is off.
- Subscription is past due → Sent when a subscription becomes past due.
- Subscription expired → Sent when a subscription has expired.
- Yearly renewal reminder → 5 days before a member's yearly subscription is due for renewal.
- (Premium) Request to join a team subscription → Sent to plan manager when a member requests approval to join a team subscription.
- Password reset → Sent when a member has lost or forgotten their password
Related help docs:
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Migrate from Substack
- Add a member
- Add a staff member
- Change Plan price
- Add a custom field
- Give free access
- Offer and manage gifts
- Manage Team plans
- Refund or suspend an order
- Move all members of a Plan
- Use a staging site
- Pause a subscription
- Handle failed payments
- Switch Stripe accounts
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin