Memberful sends transactional email to your members. Navigate to Settings → Email to see the emails sent by Memberful and edit their contents.
In this help doc:
Test email templates
To send and receive transactional emails while in test payment mode, navigate to Account → Plans and billing and upgrade to the Pro plan for free. Keep in mind that Memberful will not email receipts for free orders.
To edit and test the email templates after your site is live, you can open a separate Memberful account and leave it in test payment mode, or use a service like PutsMail.
If you use HTML emails, plain text is still required as a fallback.
Edit email templates
Memberful’s email templates include default text and a customizable block with a rich text editor.
Buttons are displayed for key actions (e.g. Reset your password).
Please note: All email templates are enabled by default, except for the Welcome message and Checking in.
- Welcome message → Sent when a new member completes their first order or activates a gift.
- Checking in → Response sent 14 days after a member completes their first order.
- Gift delivery → Sent when a member receives a gift.
- New free member created → Sent to new members who sign up for free or are created by Staff.
- Discord invite → Sent to new members if the Discord integration is enabled.
- (Premium) Welcome new plan manager → Sent to new plan managers after they purchase a group subscription.
- (Premium) Welcome new team member → Sent to new team members after they join a team subscription.
- Payment receipt → Sent whenever a member completes an order.
- Order refunded → Sent when an order is refunded.
- Credit card expired → Sent one week before renewal when a member's credit card has expired.
- Credit card missing → Sent one week before renewal when a member does not have a credit card.
- Subscription expiring soon → Sent 48 hours before a subscription expires when autorenew is off.
- Subscription is past due → Sent when a subscription becomes past due.
- Subscription expired → Sent when a subscription has expired and autorenew was off.
- Yearly renewal reminder → 5 days before a member's yearly subscription is due for renewal.
- (Premium) Request to join a team subscription → Sent to plan manager when a member requests approval to join a team subscription.
- Password reset → Sent when a member has lost or forgotten their password
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create a Team plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Customize branding
- Include or sell Downloads
- Update your account settings
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin