Create a coupon
In this help doc:
What are the coupon options?
There are 3 coupon types:
- One-time: Applied once at purchase. Cannot be applied to existing subscriptions.
- Recurring: Applied to a subscription indefinitely (unless removed by staff).
- Limited: Applied to a subscription a limited number of times, then removed. (Includes intial purchase and renewals.)
Create a coupon
- Navigate to Settings → Coupons from your Memberful dashboard. Click Add a new coupon.
- Create a coupon code made up of numbers and letters.
- Enter a discount percentage or dollar amount.
- Enter max redemptions to restrict coupon usage (optional).
- Specify which Plans and Downloads the coupon can be applied to (optional).
- Select a Coupon type and click Create coupon.
Apply a coupon
Your customers can apply the coupon code at checkout in the Memberful Overlay purchase form. Please note that you must have atleast one coupon enabled for the coupon field to be displayed.
Or, you can add coupons automatically with a link:
A more exact URL example is available from the coupon edit view.
You can also apply a coupon from the Memberful dashboard. Navigate to the member’s profile, click the subscription link, and add the coupon.
Navigate to Settings → Coupons to view coupon redemptions and active subscriptions.
Keep in mind that we only count redemptions when the coupon has been used in the checkout on the frontend by a member. It's not a redemption if a staff member does it in the backend. On the other hand, active subscriptions will show all active subscriptions.
You can also edit, disable, or delete your coupons.
If you disable a coupon, it won't affect members who are already using it, but new customers will not be able to apply it at checkout.
If you delete the coupon it will be removed from all subscriptions that use it. This action is not reversible.
Start selling memberships the easy way! 🚀 🙌 💪
Join some of the world's biggest audience-supported creators.
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Include or sell Downloads
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Add conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Integrate with Tapfiliate
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin