With Memberful, you get an independent dashboard featuring charts, activity feeds, and powerful metrics including revenue, monthly recurring revenue, member lifetime value (LTV), MRR per member, member churn rate, new orders, renewals, and refunds. You can click each metric in the Dashboard to apply filters by Plan.
In this help doc:
- Access your Memberful dashboard.
- Visit the Members tab.
- Visit the Plans tab.
- Visit the Activity tab.
- Visit the Settings tab.
- Visit the Account tab.
Access your Memberful dashboard
You can access your Dashboard from:
Here you will see the metrics we track, which will help you evaluate your business goals, objectives, and overall performance. Keep in mind that some metrics are live, while others are updated a few times a day:
- Live metrics: Revenue, New Orders, Renewals, Refunds
- Pre-calculated metrics: Monthly recurring revenue, Member lifetime value, MRR per member, Member churn rate
All dates and times in the Dashboard are in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), and we process all charges in UTC.
Search for members
Enter a member's name, email address, or order number in the search bar on any page in the Memberful dashboard. You can also type "s" anywhere in the Dashboard (assuming your cursor is not in another input field) to access the search bar.
From the Members tab you can import members and add new members. You can also apply a filter to view active members, inactive members, or all members, and export a CSV report.
Click a name to edit a member’s details, manage their subscriptions, or process a refund.
Refunds and suspensions
Click the Order # to access the Refund order and Suspend order buttons.
If you suspend the most recent order it will automatically mark the subscription as inactive. It becomes active again when you unsuspend it.
Click the Refund order button to process a full or partial refund—with or without canceling the associated subscription. You can also select a reason for the refund (optional), which will be logged in your Stripe dashboard.
Memberful does not refund your transaction fees when you process a refund for a member.
When you click a subscription, you can change the renewal date, disable auto-renew, add a coupon, and view (and edit) the Active Since field. Active Since is a counter that tracks how long the member has been active without lapsing. You can use this data to reward longevity.
From the Activity tab you can view ongoing membership activity. You can also apply a filter by activity and export a CSV report.
Please note that we longer report Failed Payments. We didn't delete the events we previously recorded, which means the Failed Payments filter is still available for older, "archived" events.
- Integrate tab: Integrate your website—WordPress or non-WordPress—and other third-party services like MailChimp and Discourse. Add a new custom application or webhook.
- Plans tab: Enable free registration. and manage your Plan Groups and settings.
- Payment tab: Connect your Stripe account.
- Coupons tab: Create and manage coupons.
- Email tab: Choose the sending method (Memberful or white label), specify sending details (name/reply to), and customize and enable transactional emails.
- Staff tab: Add new staff members.
- Owner details: Manage your personal information and set up email notification preferences.
- Account settings: Update your website name, account URL, and website URL, and select your currency.
- Plans and billing: Manage your subscription and credit card details, or close your account.
Related help docs:
- Try a live demo of the Memberful Overlay.
- Learn how Memberful subscriptions work.
- Connect Memberful to WordPress in 2 minutes.
- Use Memberful without WordPress.
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Edit email templates
- Create a Plan
- Create a Team plan
- Create Plan Groups
- Change Plan price
- Customize branding
- Include or sell Downloads
- Update your account settings
- Choose your currency
- Give free access
- Enable Apple Pay
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Add custom conversion tracking
- Set member attributes
- Integrate with Zapier
- Create a coupon
- Add a custom field
- Offer and manage gifts
- Include VAT
- Use a staging site
- Move all members of a Plan
- Install the Memberful plugin
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Other plugins (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Add a link to buy a plan
- Add a link to buy a gift
- Protect WordPress content
- Organize protected content
- Memberful account links
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin