FAQs for your member page
We’ve complied a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) for you to use on your membership site. Feel free to copy these FAQs and modify them based on your particular setup.
Make sure to replace YOURSITE with your actual site name which can be found in your Memberful dashboard via Account → Account settings.
- Why can’t I log in to your site?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Can I switch plans?
- Can I update my email address?
- Can I update my credit card?
- How do I reset my password?
- Can I gift a subscription?
- Which podcast players work with my private feed?
- How can I add a profile picture to my account?
Why can’t I log in to your site?
Check your browser’s security settings. Our membership software won’t work if you’ve disabled 3rd-party cookies. Either change your settings or use another browser.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Log in to your account and toggle auto-renew off from the Subscriptions menu item.
This answer only applies to Plans that renew indefinitely.
Can I switch from a monthly plan to an annual plan?
Yes. Click Change plan from the Subscriptions menu item in your account. You’ll be switched to the new plan immediately and charged a prorated amount.
You may have to adjust this answer based on your Plan Group Settings.
Can I update my email address or other personal information?
Yes. Log in to your account to make these changes.
Can I update my credit card?
Yes. Log in to your account, add the new card and click Update my credit card.
How do I reset my password?
Click this link
https://YOURSITE.memberful.com/auth/password/new, enter your email address, and then click send me reset instructions. To ensure the reset process is secure:
- Password reset links automatically expire after 48 hours.
- Password reset links can only be used once. If you click the link, and reset your password, the link becomes invalid.
- If the link becomes invalid, delete the old reset email and start with a fresh password reset.
Can I gift a subscription?
Yes. It’s easy to gift a subscription. Click this link:
You will be prompted to enter the gift recipient’s name and email address, the delivery date, a personalized message, and your payment information. The gift recipient will receive an email with a link to activate their gift. If a physical address is required, the gift recipient will have the opportunity to enter it when they activate the gift.
Keep in mind that you’re purchasing a one-time gift for the selected term (e.g. month or year). The gift recipient will be responsible for adding a payment method before the next renewal period if they’d like to continue with the subscription.
You can find your unique Gift purchase link in your Plan Settings.
Which podcast players work with my private feed?
Cross-Platform Podcast Apps: RadioPublic, Pocket Casts
iOS Podcast Apps: Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Castro 3, Downcast, PodCruncher
Android Podcast Apps: Podcast Republic, Podcast Addict, BeyondPod, Doggcatcher, Player FM, Podkicker, AntennaPod
How can I add a profile picture to my account?
The avatar service we use is called Gravatar.
Can't find what you're looking for? We'd love to help! 💪
Send us a message through the orange chat bubble in the lower right corner of the page. You'll hear back within a few hours Monday - Friday. 😀
- Import your members
- Migrate from Substack
- Add a member
- Add a staff member
- Change Plan price
- Add a custom field
- Give free access
- Offer and manage gifts
- Manage Team plans
- Refund or suspend an order
- Move all members of a Plan
- Use a staging site
- Pause a subscription
- Handle failed payments
- Switch Stripe accounts
- Install the Memberful plugin
- Other plugins (recommended)
- WordPress hosting providers
- Enable SSL (recommended)
- Theme compatibility
- Member account links
- Protect WordPress content
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Organize protected content
- Private RSS Feeds
- WordPress shortcodes
- WordPress functions
- Disconnect/reconnect plugin